I'm Just Sayin'

Updates on what's happening in my life. Thoughts about current events, politics, books, and anything else that I find interesting. Intended for those who know and love me.

Name:
Location: Albany, New York

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Day at the Museum

The highlight of my trip to New York was a visit to the museum of natural history. I had been wanting to visit this museum for a long time, but my niece's obsession with dinosaurs finally convinced me to take advantage of my time in the city to check out this museum. She's been fascinated by dinosaurs since she saw Night at the Museum last year. I took her to the New York State Museum in the spring where we saw a whale skeleton, but we haven't had a chance to take her to NYC yet to see the "real" dinosaurs. This museum was incredible. Aside from an entire floor of dinos and other skeletons, all of their exhibits were extremely well done. I spent half a day there and only saw about 1/3 of the whole musuem. I bought my niece a book and some dino postcards to hold her curiousity until we're able to actually take her to the museum. She's going to love it!

2 Comments:

Blogger Corey said...

Kaite loves that movie and was rather irritated with me that I went to New York, but didn't go to the museum.

11:03 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

Aww, I wish I had known that, I could have at least gotten her a book. The book story is kind of different from the movie, though, so I'm not sure how well that's going to go over with my niece, but I did tell her about it yesterday on the phone and I got major "cool auntie" points just for checking out the dinos.

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home