I'm Just Sayin'

Updates on what's happening in my life. Thoughts about current events, politics, books, and anything else that I find interesting. Intended for those who know and love me.

Name:
Location: Albany, New York

Monday, August 06, 2007

Is It Just Me?

Or does Barry Bonds tying Hank Aaron's home run record seem underwhelming? It's an amazing record held for over 30 years by one of baseball's greatest players. It's the type of momentous occasion that I normally would have been following closely, hoping to catch the game on t.v., even though I'm not a huge baseball fan. And yet, I can't think of this as a great historical moment simply because Barry Bonds is involved. The controversy about his steroid use has tainted the record in my opinion. I'm sure he'll break the record this season and then he'll be known as "Barry Bonds --- Home Run Record Holder." But there will always be an asterisk following this title with speculation regarding doping ... and that's unfortunate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home