I'm Just Sayin'

Updates on what's happening in my life. Thoughts about current events, politics, books, and anything else that I find interesting. Intended for those who know and love me.

Name:
Location: Albany, New York

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Saturday Night at the Drive-In

Yesterday evening was great weather for the drive-in so we went to see The Simpsons and Chuck and Larry. I like the Simpsons, but I'm not a die-hard fan and I wouldn't have gone out of my way to see this movie. It was typically funny and irreverent, but I don't think it was better than what's on t.v. I did appreciate the way the movie makers could make fun of that fact and make fun of the audience for paying money to see this movie -- very Simpson-like. I tried to "simpsonize" myself as a nice touch for the blog, but I wasn't able to export the image for some reason.

Chuck and Larry wasn't great either -- somewhat entertaining, but not as hilarious as you might expect it to be. Eddie loves Adam Sandler so this was the movie that we intended to see last night. I don't regret seeing it, but I wouldn't recommend it either. It's a typical Adam Sandler movie that takes a really thin and hardly believable premise and stretches it out for nearly two hours with some intermittant funny scenes and an over-the-top moral message.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home