I'm Just Sayin'

Updates on what's happening in my life. Thoughts about current events, politics, books, and anything else that I find interesting. Intended for those who know and love me.

Name:
Location: Albany, New York

Monday, July 02, 2007

America's Favorite Pasttime

Last weekend I made it out to Cooperstown, NY to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. I liked the historical displays of the early days of the game, but I'm not a huge baseball fan so I don't think I enjoyed the museum as much as the groups of young boys wandering around. (I assume lots of teams from the area make regular trips there.) What I enjoyed most was the town itself. It had a quaint main street (filled, of course, with stores selling baseball memorabilia) and it's located off of the very pretty Lake Otsego. The best part of the trip for me was the 1.5 hour drive out there. It was just a gorgeous day and a scenic trip through some of the back roads of upstate New York. It highlights one of the things that I like best about living in Albany -- that I can work in a city but escape it very quickly and easily whenever I want.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home