I'm Just Sayin'

Updates on what's happening in my life. Thoughts about current events, politics, books, and anything else that I find interesting. Intended for those who know and love me.

Name:
Location: Albany, New York

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Everyone Else is Doing It

Blogging about the Sopranos, that is. Since I no longer have a literal watercooler, I have to substitute it with a virtual one. I have to say that I loved the finale. I thought it was clever and very appropriate. Despite my usual need for closure, I didn't mind being left hanging because a neat ending would have been too inconsistent with the spirit of this show. As opposed to a Godfather-like, glorified mafia boss, Tony Soprano was a very ordinary thug and the ending epitomized that very quality. I also thought that the director played on our expectations beautifully and built up a lot of tension and drama at the end using very simple techniques. Again, quite clever. Like most of the tv-viewing audience, our household was split on our opinions of the show. Eddie was disappointed. He thought Tony should have been whacked, or at least arrested.

1 Comments:

Blogger Corey said...

The Sopranos jumped the shark 3 seasons ago. Yet, I kept watching. The finale's finale was fittingly banal.

I watched the show that follows, John from Cincinnati. It's hard to tell if this show is going to be: (a) brilliant, or (b) ask for my money back bad. Either is a distinct possibility. Of course, it can't be as bad as Jericho.

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home