I'm Just Sayin'

Updates on what's happening in my life. Thoughts about current events, politics, books, and anything else that I find interesting. Intended for those who know and love me.

Name:
Location: Albany, New York

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Disgusted

The blatant disrespect that the Bush administration has for the basic tenets of democracy (rule of law, accountability, transparency) at home, while at the same time purporting to impose these principles in other countries through military action, has reached an all time high with the latest slap in the public's face. Why do we take it? Sure, there were the usual statements of "outrage" from the leading Democrats, but where is the public outcry? The dismay? The call of higher moral standards among our government officials? The Bush administration's corruption has done more damage than the Monica Lewinsky scandal, and yet there has only been a fraction of the uproar. Are we just content to count down the days to the new administration? Are we apathetic or ignorant? I'm curious to know how many Americans even know who Scooter Libby is? According to one site, it's about 55%. I'm tempted to look up some other polling figures on this subject, but that could easily distract me for the rest of the day and I have other work to do. Perhaps I'll follow up later.

1 Comments:

Blogger Holli Lama said...

Amen, sistah!

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home