I'm Just Sayin'

Updates on what's happening in my life. Thoughts about current events, politics, books, and anything else that I find interesting. Intended for those who know and love me.

Name:
Location: Albany, New York

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

It Should Have Been Called ...

Inconvenient Truth is a great title for something dealing with the topic of global warning. However, it is not an appropriate title for Al Gore's movie by that name. Here are my suggestions for more accurate, though less marketable, titles:
  • "I'm not thinking of running for president." (Yes, he is, or at least he was when he did this movie.)
  • "Don't pity me about the 2000 elections. I'm not bitter." (Yes, he is.)
  • "Really, folks, I'm not as boring as you think I am." (Yes, he is.)
  • "I'm just a regular guy." (Yes, he is, if "regular" means privileged white man in America.)
As you may have noticed from the tone of this post, I found the movie disappointing. In 1.5 hours it has about 20 minutes worth of interesting facts, great footage of nature, and good graphics. The rest of the movie is about Al Gore, with a few cheesy cartoons thrown in to make it look like he has a sense of humor. I probably should have read the book instead of watching the movie, but it's too late for that now. We're reading Field Notes from a Catastrophe for the UAlbany campus reading project this year. I'm only on Chapter 2, but so far it's 100 times more interesting than Al Gore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home