I'm Just Sayin'

Updates on what's happening in my life. Thoughts about current events, politics, books, and anything else that I find interesting. Intended for those who know and love me.

Name:
Location: Albany, New York

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

On the Spot

Corey has challenged me to post five things about myself that most people would not know. I'm feeling a little pressure here to be creative, but I'll do my best.

1.) I have never liked my middle name (Phyllis) because when I was a child my sister very cruelly led me to believe that I would grow up to be like Phyllis Diller. Although she's a talented comedian, this was a scary prospect for a four-year-old.

2.) My parents weren't very hip to technology, so when I was 16 I saved money from one of my early jobs (as a pharmacy technician) to buy the family's first VCR. It cost me $400 and, thankfully, it was VHS and not Beta. We actually still have it in our basement.

3.) If I didn't have such a severe motion sickness problem, I would have been an astronaut rather than a sociologist.

4.) Contrary to popular belief, Eddie was not the only guy who wanted to marry me. The first candidate was so distraught by the fact that I didn't love him that he literally had a mild nervous breakdown. (At least, that's what he says. I say he was crazy to begin with.)

5.) My only near-death experience growing up in Detroit was when I thought I was going to be shot in the restroom of the downtown Greyhound bus station. More horrifying than the prospect of actually being shot (or perhaps just beaten to death), was the thought that I might die on the toilet!

Now I can pass on this task to Emily and Holli.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Janet! I'll think about this tonight and post it tomorrow :)

10:30 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

Regarding #2, this weekend we bought a new DVD player and recorder and it was less than $150. My, how times have changed!

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home