I'm Just Sayin'

Updates on what's happening in my life. Thoughts about current events, politics, books, and anything else that I find interesting. Intended for those who know and love me.

Name:
Location: Albany, New York

Thursday, January 25, 2007

What a Joke!

We all know that I'm addicted to Diet Coke. It's hardly a secret. I go through phases where I try to kick the addiction, mostly because I don't like the idea of being addicted to anything, especially something unhealthy. About 8 years ago I actually quit cold turkey and that lasted a couple of years. Then I had to get serious about the dissertation and Diet Coke was a godsend during the writing days.

Now I no longer have illusions of quitting all together. I'm trying to focus on moderation instead. I've slowly cut back on the daily intake with lots of little rules (e.g., no Diet Coke in the house, no Diet Coke after 6p.m., etc.). Then I changed the bottle sizes -- from a 24 oz. fountain drink, to a 20 oz. bottle, to a 12 oz. can ... and then the 8 oz. baby can. The stubby little baby cans are so cute that surely they would distract me from the fact that there's virtually nothing in them. Wrong! So wrong! Nothing makes me want Diet Coke more than one of those 8 oz. cans. They're just teasing me!

1 Comments:

Blogger Holli Lama said...

Hey Jan -
My mom is a diet coke addict as well. I laugh when I go home and find the cans all over the house. She does only drink in the am. Mostly. Like coffee for breakfast. Have you seen the new print ad with the diet coke can with a coffee "sleeve" on it? It's cute.

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home