I'm Just Sayin'

Updates on what's happening in my life. Thoughts about current events, politics, books, and anything else that I find interesting. Intended for those who know and love me.

Name:
Location: Albany, New York

Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Essence of My Grad School Experience

I don't blog much about my grad school days because the wounds are just healing and I don't like to dredge up too much of that past. But as time passes, and I have a different perspective being on the faculty side of the experience, I can occasionally look back and laugh, or at least marvel at the bizarre world of the University of Chicago.

Today's trek down memory lane was prompted by a perusal of U of C groups on Facebook. Here are my favorites:
  • Aaaand, I'm Awkward (yep, they just wear it like a badge)
  • Keep UChicago Nerdy (as if there's a real opposing force)
  • I Am Aware of My Own Ongoing Academic Self-Destruction, and Yet I Do Nothing to Stop It (so sad, yet so true)
  • Manly Men for the Resolution of Personal Disputes by Duels to the Death (and you thought I was kidding when I said Beauty and the Geek was reminiscent of the dating scene in grade school)
  • UChicago Has Killed My Soul (or would have if I didn't move out of state)
  • I Want to Mechanically Divide Durkheim's Organic Solidarity (sigh, need I say more?)
If you're really brave and want even more insight into this enigma, you can check out this list of U of C You Tube videos.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brad Wright said...

Those are great group titles. A couple of them sound worth joining right away!

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home