I'm Just Sayin'

Updates on what's happening in my life. Thoughts about current events, politics, books, and anything else that I find interesting. Intended for those who know and love me.

Name:
Location: Albany, New York

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Just Random Stuff

  • I was on call for jury duty this week and I have just been released without having gone to court at all. I was strangely relieved even though in principle I have no objections to serving on a jury. I think I was just bothered by the idea of being on call and not knowing when I'd have to cancel my plans to go to court, especially since this was the last week of classes and not the most convenient time for me to be away from work.
  • I found a new critique of PowerPoint presentations that really tickled me. I blogged about it on my professional web site, but I like it enough to share it here as well. It's called Death by PowerPoint.
  • I think I finally get Facebook. I didn't have trouble figuring out how to use it, I just didn't get why people were using it. But I've been experimenting with it for a while and now I understand the appeal. Once you get past the "Pimps and Hoes" group invitations, it's a neat tool for building community, even for those of us who are no longer in our 20s. I still find MySpace incredibly annoying, but Eddie has been trying to figure it out. So now you know where else you can find us on the net.
  • I love clementines. (A completely unnecessary piece of information that I just felt compelled to share.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home