I'm Just Sayin'

Updates on what's happening in my life. Thoughts about current events, politics, books, and anything else that I find interesting. Intended for those who know and love me.

Name:
Location: Albany, New York

Friday, November 23, 2007

An Answer for Everything

I was looking forward to spending Thanksgiving with my four-year-old niece, and of course her parents, but their plans for visiting NY fell through. Instead I had to settle for a web chat during which my niece asked me to come over and play. She understands that we live in different states and we're far away from each other, but she doesn't completely grasp time and distance yet. I explained that I couldn't just come over because I lived too far away. To which she spritely replied, "Well just come tomorrow." If only it were that simple.

We followed up today with a quick phone chat, which isn't usually as lively as a web chat, although today was an exception. We ended with our usual exchange where I say "See you later, alligator." But instead of the expected reply, she answered with "See you tomorrow, cutie pie." I'm not sure where that one came from, but it was funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home