I'm Just Sayin'

Updates on what's happening in my life. Thoughts about current events, politics, books, and anything else that I find interesting. Intended for those who know and love me.

Name:
Location: Albany, New York

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Miscellaneous News Items

While I love the efficiency of Bloglines, I have fallen into a bad habit of checking things to read later and then never finding the time to go back to read them. Today I've decided to catch up on a backlog of news items. Here are some of the interesting tidbits that have been on the backburner:

Cow-killing meteorite sells for $1,554 -- I'm fascinated by the insane amounts of money people are willing to spend on rocks. The meteorite that made the headline is the only one to have caused a fatality, and it was also one of the cheapest rocks at the auction.

Protein a key concern for vegetarians -- I've been very tempted lately to return to vegetarianism (the ovo lacto variety, as I learned in this article), but I have to find a better way of dealing with my severe protein deficiency before I can do so.

Benazir Bhutto -- Although I had been following this story on NPR, I hadn't been able to catch up on all of the details. Bhutto is certainly an interesting and controversial political figure. What deserves mentioning is the fact that she was the first leader of an Islamic country in 1988 and 20 years later we are still seriously debating whether a woman can be president in the U.S. Unbelievable!

Is Dumbledore Gay? Depends on Definitions of ‘Is’ and ‘Gay’ -- The buzz about this little bombshell was certainly amusing, although somewhat pathetic. Who cares? It doesn't matter!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home