I'm Just Sayin'

Updates on what's happening in my life. Thoughts about current events, politics, books, and anything else that I find interesting. Intended for those who know and love me.

Name:
Location: Albany, New York

Monday, October 01, 2007

The Slippery Slope of Addiction

According to my Diet Coke rules I'm not allowed to have a fix once I get home from work, which means that I don't keep any in the house in order to avoid temptation. It also means no Diet Coke on the weekends unless we go out to eat or I go to work, which happens pretty often this time of year. I didn't go to the office this weekend because I had an upset stomach on Saturday and we had company on Sunday. I broke one of the golden rules on Saturday and bought a 2-liter of Diet Coke because the carbonation would quell the stomach problem (yes, so would Pepto or lots of other things). Then on Sunday we had another 2-liter leftover from our barbecue and I certainly couldn't let that go to waste. So I spent the weekend consuming much more caffeine than I normally would at all kinds of odd hours. Now it's late Monday evening and I'm dying for a fix ... seriously jonesing ... and there's still some left in the fridge. If I was smart I'd poor the rest down the drain, but that would be sacrilegious in my book, so I'm using the blog to shame myself into sticking to the rules.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home