I'm Just Sayin'

Updates on what's happening in my life. Thoughts about current events, politics, books, and anything else that I find interesting. Intended for those who know and love me.

Name:
Location: Albany, New York

Monday, September 10, 2007

Flashback to the 80s

This evening I'm listening to the "All 80s Metal 24/7" internet radio station. It's pretty amusing to hear all of the songs that were popular when I was a teenager. I still like some of them, and others are so bad that they're funny. Quiet Riot's "Bang Your Head" brought back some funny memories -- cruising Gratiot, partying on Belle Isle, and AquaNet. Do they still make AquaNet or has the FDA banned it now? That stuff's totally toxic.

I was inspired to tune into this station after trying to buy some fall boots this evening. Talk about 80's inspired -- pointy toes and pointy heels. No thanks! Though I won't succumb to 80s fashion, I'll continue to enjoy my musical flashback. Now they're playing the Scorpions "Rock You Like a Hurricane."

2 Comments:

Blogger Corey said...

Legwarmers, all hail legwarmers. Well, that and Debbie Gibson.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

Lucky for you "Deborah" Gibson is still trying to keep her career going, though I doubt she'll ever be as popular as "Debbie."

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home