I'm Just Sayin'

Updates on what's happening in my life. Thoughts about current events, politics, books, and anything else that I find interesting. Intended for those who know and love me.

Name:
Location: Albany, New York

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

A Sappy "Girly" Moment

In honor of our 8th wedding anniversary Eddie and I pulled out our wedding video, which we haven't watched in a few years. That video is a surefire way to make me cry. It used to be the case that I would only cry during the vows. There is something about the purity and simplicity of those words that is remarkably powerful. But now the whole damn video makes me cry. Some special people who were at our wedding are no longer alive, including both of our mothers and my godfather, and it's bittersweet to see them as they were on that particular day. It's also really interesting to notice the changes in other people's lives as well -- the dancing toddlers who are now preteens, the "kids" who now have kids of their own, the couples that were together but are no longer ... .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home