I'm Just Sayin'

Updates on what's happening in my life. Thoughts about current events, politics, books, and anything else that I find interesting. Intended for those who know and love me.

Name:
Location: Albany, New York

Friday, March 23, 2007

Sense of Accomplishment

This has been another hectic week where I've felt like I've been playing "catch up" on everything. After 10 hours in the office today I finally feel like I'm making progress. I use my email inbox as my 'to do' list and it's a good indicator of how well I have my work under control. I try to keep the inbox limited to 25 emails of outstanding things to respond to or to do, but this month it has been hovering around a very stressful 60. Today I have managed to get it down to 40, so I feel like I've accomplished something. This, of course, does not count the normal work activities that I have to deal with that don't show up in email, such as teaching, writing, and research. Oh yeah, and I have to put together a packet of information about my accomplishments to date as an assitant professor for my contract renewal. I guess that's what I'll be doing this weekend. One more week until spring break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home