I'm Just Sayin'

Updates on what's happening in my life. Thoughts about current events, politics, books, and anything else that I find interesting. Intended for those who know and love me.

Name:
Location: Albany, New York

Monday, February 19, 2007

Seriously?

Sometimes I am really amazed by American Victorian values. I understood the Janet Jackson Super Bowl controversy, though I thought it was blown out of proportion. The attempt to turn the Prince Super Bowl performance into something naughty was a stretch of the imagination. But, honestly, the latest controversy over the use of the word scrotum in a children's book just baffles me. There are lot of words that would be inappropriate for a children's book, but the anatomically correct name of any body part just doesn't make that list as far as I'm concerned. Seriously, 50% of the kids reading the book are likely to have the controversial body part, so why can't we say the word?!?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As long as you don't make me watch a play about it.....

P

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home