I'm Just Sayin'

Updates on what's happening in my life. Thoughts about current events, politics, books, and anything else that I find interesting. Intended for those who know and love me.

Name:
Location: Albany, New York

Monday, February 12, 2007

Tedium

Back in my ICPSR days "attention to detail" was one of the main criteria for being a good data processor. While I am quite good in this area when it comes to data, I totally suck at it when it comes to citations. Formatting bibliographies is the worst possible task for me. Even using citation management software like EndNote, I still struggle to get it right. I am currently proofing a manuscript of mine for publication. The good news is that I have an article coming out soon. The bad news is that I first have to clean up six pages of citations for that to happen! I'm only on page three and I want to gouge my eyes out!

2 Comments:

Blogger Corey said...

Attention to detail... really? hmmm.

3:45 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

Well, it turns out that I am not a complete dolt. EndNote messed up some citations with the last upgrade and the copy editor sent me the wrong version of my manuscript, so that explains some of my problems (although by no means all of them). Anyhow, the upside to this frustration was that I now fully appreciate the value of the dual monitors!

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home