I'm Just Sayin'

Updates on what's happening in my life. Thoughts about current events, politics, books, and anything else that I find interesting. Intended for those who know and love me.

Name:
Location: Albany, New York

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Naked

Yesterday I finished reading Dave Sedaris' Naked, an off-beat memoir with some truly laugh-out-loud moments. I have to admit, though, that the final chapter was disturbing to me. It richly describes his excursion to a nudist trailer park. I don't really get the nudist lifestyle. It just reminds me of the Seinfeld episode about "bad naked," but I usually take a "to each her own" approach to alterative lifestyles. As long as there is no harm to others, live as you like. However, Sedaris has convinced me that there really is a good reason to wear clothes regularly -- hygiene. I'm not a germaphobe but I was pretty creeped out by some of his stories. In fact, I really wish I could get some the images out of my head.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another good reason to wear clothing: to prevent getting sunburned there!

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home