I'm Just Sayin'

Updates on what's happening in my life. Thoughts about current events, politics, books, and anything else that I find interesting. Intended for those who know and love me.

Name:
Location: Albany, New York

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Snow Day!

Finally! We were as excited as school kids to wake up to snow this morning. This is our second winter in Albany and the weather certainly hadn't been living up to its reputation. We'd been quite disappointed this winter with the sparse snowfalls, so the idea of a "big storm" had us waiting in anticipation all week. I don't think we'll be disappointed. We already have over 6 inches and they're predicting 1-2 feet. We both have snow days today so we're able to enjoy the weather without having to worry about getting to work and back.

I love snow days. It's not because I don't go to work; frankly, I can never escape work thanks to the internet. I like snow days because they force you to slow down a little, break out of your routines, and let Mother Nature be in control for a while. They're a time to recalibrate a hectic lifestyle and enjoy the simple things, like pristine snow or a good book.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I envy your snow day. No matter how much it snows here, they never close the University of Michigan (as you well know!)

9:46 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

Well, technically this is just a perk of being faculty vs. staff. UAlbany never closes either, because it's a state institution that only the governor can close. However, the university does have the authority to cancel classes so non-essential personnel do not work ... and faculty are apparently non-essential in such cases.

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home