I'm Just Sayin'

Updates on what's happening in my life. Thoughts about current events, politics, books, and anything else that I find interesting. Intended for those who know and love me.

Name:
Location: Albany, New York

Monday, February 26, 2007

An Indulgent Evening

I really don't know why I watched the Oscars last night. I hadn't seen a single one of the movies that had been nominated, although I probably will watch most of them on DVD. I'm also not a fashionista, so the red carpet doesn't excite me. I was curious to see Ellen host the show, since I find her quite funny, and I was rooting for Forest Whitaker who is a phenomenal actor. But those two reasons hardly justify four hours of my life lost watching one of the most indulgent shows on t.v. I have no problem recognizing people for good work (although in the case of actors you would think that exhorbitant salaries would be sufficient recognition), but the self-congratulatory display at the Oscars was nauseating. And you would think that the movie business could at least be entertaining as it pats itself on the back for hours on end, but the show was painfully boring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home