I'm Just Sayin'

Updates on what's happening in my life. Thoughts about current events, politics, books, and anything else that I find interesting. Intended for those who know and love me.

Name:
Location: Albany, New York

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Darker Days

The main thing that I dislike about living on the east coast is that we have about an hour less daylight than in Michigan. Even though we're in the same time zone, Detroit is on the western end of that zone so they eek out a little extra sunlight. It is early November and it's already getting dark here just after 4 p.m. The long dark days get kind of depressing after awhile, which is why I keep telling Eddie that we can't move to Alaska. I suppose it's good that I've started taking a Vitamin-D supplement. Although I'm not especially concerned about rickets, D deficiency is apparently related to other health problems, including osteoperosis for women and Alzheimer's. My nutritionist recently pointed out that I have now reached the age where I'm losing bone mass. That's just as depressing as the darkness.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We get an extra hour of light in the evening, but you get an extra hour in the morning! I do agree, however, that the darkness is rather depressing.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

Fair enough .. there's always a trade-off.

BTW, Emily, I'm happy to see the "virtual you." You'll start seeing me on your blog soon. I have some grad school/professor insights to share.

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home