I'm Just Sayin'

Updates on what's happening in my life. Thoughts about current events, politics, books, and anything else that I find interesting. Intended for those who know and love me.

Name:
Location: Albany, New York

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Job Perks

On my way home today, I stopped by the local drugstore to pay $1 more than I should for a gallon of milk because I didn't feel like driving to the grocery store. I do this often. This particular drugstore is always empty and the folks who work there are a bit off, though friendly. Today, however, I really think the cashier was high. And I don't mean a mild buzz, I mean flying high. The evidence:
  • sweating profusely (yes, it's 95 degrees today but the store is air-conditioned)
  • bouncing behind the counter (in Tigger-like fashion)
  • talking a mile a minute without stopping to take a breath
  • jittery hands
Since I'm not adverse to confrontation, I actually had my mouth open to say: "Dude, what are you on? You know you're not supposed to sample the pills behind the pharmacy counter." I stopped myself, though, because I caught a glipmse of the store manager hanging around the counter and I didn't want to get the guy fired, just in case my assessment was wrong. However, I suspect that the manager and I were thinking the same thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home