I'm Just Sayin'

Updates on what's happening in my life. Thoughts about current events, politics, books, and anything else that I find interesting. Intended for those who know and love me.

Name:
Location: Albany, New York

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

From the Mouths of Babes

Abby, my 3-year-old niece, was visiting this weekend. I have always adored this child, but I find her especially fun at this age.

Here are a few of my favorite things about three-year-olds, as illustrated with quotes from Abby.

1.) Their insatiable apetite for knowledge and eagerness to share it.
Abby: "Mrs. Crab (her pet hermit crab) is nocturnal. That means she's up at night and sleeps during the day."

2.) Their unbridled displays of affection.
Abby: "Hershey (our 120-pound Rottweiler), you're my best friend in the whole world."

3.) Their sense of purpose.
Abby: "Let's get this show on the road."

4.) Their frank assessments.
Abby: "Ciocia (Auntie) Janet, there's a whole lotta sassy in me right now."

5.) Their cute nicknames.
Abby: "Hey, Uncle Big Boy (Eddie)" or "BooBoo Doggie" for our 11-year-old Beagle/Shepherd mix because over a year and a half ago Brittany had stiches on her head and Abby still remembers that.

6.) Their simplicity.
Abby: "Can we move next door (to Ciocia Janet)? We can bring Tank and Sauce (her fish) and Mrs. Crab too."

1 Comments:

Blogger Holli Lama said...

SOOOOOOOO cute!

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home