I'm Just Sayin'

Updates on what's happening in my life. Thoughts about current events, politics, books, and anything else that I find interesting. Intended for those who know and love me.

Name:
Location: Albany, New York

Saturday, July 29, 2006

The Hook

Whew! I'm struggling to finish an article by the end of August and I was having a hard time putting it all together. I had an interesting idea and good data, but it just wasn't hanging together. Then, as I was watching MTV's Making the Band 3*, I realized that I was missing the hook -- the catchy tune that pulls everything else together and sticks in your head long after the song is over. So, thankfully, yesterday I found the hook for my paper and it's starting to come together nicely. The academic hook is not quite as captivating as the musical one, so I doubt I'll get my own reality show on MTV anytime soon, but perhaps it'll help with tenure.

*Okay, I don't really know why I watch this show. It's quite dull, but then so is everything else on tv this summer. I admit that I am interested in Diddy's business sense since he has built quite an impressive little empire, but he's not really on the show much. If you tape the show and the watch it skipping the commercials, then it's only about 10 minutes long, so I don't feel too guilty about wasting time on this fluff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home