I'm Just Sayin'

Updates on what's happening in my life. Thoughts about current events, politics, books, and anything else that I find interesting. Intended for those who know and love me.

Name:
Location: Albany, New York

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The Last Week

There were many things to blog about as we spent the holiday week in Michigan, but unfortunately most of my thoughts would be inappropriate to share publicly. Consider Munch's The Scream as a visual representation of the week.

Now we're back in Albany, trying to get settled back into some kind of routine. My office at work is being renovated during the intersession, so I'm feeling a little displaced and struggling to get back into a working mode. I have a bunch of pressing deadlines quickly approaching, so I'll have to figure out something soon.

The New Year came and went without fanfare in our household. Neither of us was in a mood to celebrate and we made no grand resolutions or predictions for the upcoming year. If I could wish for one thing this year, it would be a substantial snowfall this month. This 40-degree January is starting to freak me out and it's contributing to my overall sense of discombobulation this month.

4 Comments:

Blogger Corey said...

sorry I didn't get in touch with you last week. I share the scream sentiment. Re: 40 degree Januaries... it could be worse (er, different). We just hit 60 degrees.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Holli Lama said...

Hey Jan -
It's in the 60's down here as well. I was overloaded with bloggable moments this holiday as well. All but forgotten now. I hope you are hanging in there. You had a rough season.
-hol

4:06 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

At least you're both considerably farther south than us. After hearing all the hype about "Albany winters," I have yet to be awed. I realize that my warm-weather friends are enjoying the unseasonable weather, but I'm getting nervous about watching "An Inconvenient Truth," which is coming this week from Netflix.

6:45 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

It was in the 60s over the weekend. IN ALBANY!!! IN JANUARY!!! This is sooo abnormal.

4:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home