I'm Just Sayin'

Updates on what's happening in my life. Thoughts about current events, politics, books, and anything else that I find interesting. Intended for those who know and love me.

Name:
Location: Albany, New York

Sunday, December 03, 2006

The Italian Christmas Donkey

So there has been a change in the race for the most annoying Christmas song this year. Christmas Shoes has been replaced by Dominick the Italian Christmas Donkey. No, I am not making this up. This is apparently a very popular song within the Italian-American community, and it's quite popular here in Albany.

Here are some of the lyrics and if you're really up for a treat you can hear the whole song on the web:

Hey! Chingedy ching,(hee-haw, hee-haw)
It's Dominick the donkey.
Chingedy ching,(hee-haw, hee-haw)
The Italian Christmas donkey.
(la la la-la la-la la la la la)(la la la-la la-la la-ee-oh-da)
Santa's got a little friend,
His name is Dominick.
The cutest little donkey,
You never see him kick.
When Santa visits his paisons,
With Dominick he'll be.
Because the reindeer cannot,
Climb the hills of Italy.

The hee-hawing part is really annoying. I suppose it's too much to ask for logical consistency in a novelty Christmas song, but I would really like to point out that Santa's reindeer do not need to climb the hills of Italy because they can fly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home