I'm Just Sayin'

Updates on what's happening in my life. Thoughts about current events, politics, books, and anything else that I find interesting. Intended for those who know and love me.

Name:
Location: Albany, New York

Friday, December 08, 2006

Escape

I'm in Michigan again taking care of a "family emergency," which is an annoying euphemism to say that I'm here because my mother is dying. It's too f***ing depressing to blog about and anything I have to say on the topic at this point would belie the title and essence of this blog.

So, I'm sitting at a Panera Bread* to temporarily escape that depressing reality and actually have some "quiet time." It's nice to do "normal" stuff for a while, like checking email, reading the paper, and blogging.

My almost-four-year-old niece, Abby, has been the silver lining on this particularly large cloud. I'm making another list of her funny sayings, because she is just so cute and witty, but I can't resist sharing one for now:

Abby to Oscar the daschund, in a very authoritative tone: "You have stinky breath, young man. You should go brush your teeth."

*There's bound to be a future post on the suburban Panera experience.

2 Comments:

Blogger Corey said...

Janet, you're in my thoughts and prayers.

1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mine too -- I'm sorry you have to go through this.

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home