I'm Just Sayin'

Updates on what's happening in my life. Thoughts about current events, politics, books, and anything else that I find interesting. Intended for those who know and love me.

Name:
Location: Albany, New York

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Cosmo Girl

I was probably about 14 when I last bought a Cosmo magazine. Even at the height of my girliest phase I didn't have much interest in this kind of schlock. These days when I want to read fluff I'll pick up a People magazine, but I don't go near the girly stuff or the tabloids. Today I was getting my hair done after work and the magazine choices were slim, leaving me with the latest edition of Cosmo.

So here are some of the fascinating things that I learned from the October issue of Cosmo:
  • After taking the "Are You Intimidating?" quiz I discovered that I am not obnoxiously bitchy, but a "self-assured ally." (Well, that's a relief!)
  • Patrick Dempsey is dreamy. (Yeah, no kidding. Did we need a half a page of blathering to convince us of this?)
  • It's okay to tell "small white lies" to the guy you're dating in order to break up with him. (Is this okay for guys too?)
  • Guys need sex to connect emotionally with a "girl." (sigh)
  • Five ways ice can spice up your sex life (Okay, this was somewhat enlightening. However, the other 100 pages devoted to sex tips were quite tedious. Honestly, if you need that much help then just give it up!)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can appreciate an occasional trashy women's magazine. But Cosmo just makes me angry.
-andrea

12:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh please how scientific can it be if YOU aren't intimidating...unless you're losing your edge.....

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should check out Redbook, that's Cosmo for the 30-something set.

er... so I've been told.

Oh and as for guys and white lies... if my past experiences are representative, the answer is no.

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home