I'm Just Sayin'

Updates on what's happening in my life. Thoughts about current events, politics, books, and anything else that I find interesting. Intended for those who know and love me.

Name:
Location: Albany, New York

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Perplexed

When I was in the waiting room of the doctor's office yesterday there was another patient there wearing a T-shirt that read: "Resistance is frugal." I've been bothered by this saying since I saw it because I simply don't understand it. I know that it's a take on the Star Trek Borg saying "Resistance is futile," but frugal? Huh?

According to Webster, frugal is "characterized by or reflecting economy in the use of resources." Resistance implies the use of force or energy, so how exactly can it be frugal? If I'm missing something here, please enlighten me. Is this really cute and I'm dim, or is it just stupid?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home