I'm Just Sayin'

Updates on what's happening in my life. Thoughts about current events, politics, books, and anything else that I find interesting. Intended for those who know and love me.

Name:
Location: Albany, New York

Friday, August 25, 2006

Proselytizing Coincidence?

I've been reading the book Mormon America because I knew virtually nothing about Mormonism and I was embarrassed by my ignorance. This particular book is well written and presents a very balanced view of the religion. I borrowed it from the Albany Public Library about 2 weeks ago.

Yesterday around 6 p.m. the doorbell rang and two neatly dressed young men asked if I wanted to learn more about the Church of Latter-Day Saints. Coincidence? On the one hand, it's not unusual to have Mormons or Jehovah Witnesses ring your doorbell. On the other hand, we haven't seen any such proselytizing since we moved to Albany. In the back of my mind I can't help but wonder if someone working at the public library is keeping tabs on certain books being checked out. It sounds so conspiratorial to say that ... and yet it really wouldn't be that difficult to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home