I'm Just Sayin'

Updates on what's happening in my life. Thoughts about current events, politics, books, and anything else that I find interesting. Intended for those who know and love me.

Name:
Location: Albany, New York

Thursday, August 10, 2006

City of Saints

Tomorrow I am off to Montreal, my first visit to the "city of saints." I'm struggling to muster excitement for the sociology meetings, but I am very curious to explore Montreal. I've decided to focus on Old Montreal, especially the basilicas. Perhaps some divine inspiration is what I need to deal with the pretentious posturing that I'm likely to encounter among the sociologists.

Luckily I'm driving to Montreal, which is less than 4 hours away from Albany. With the latest liquid terrorist threat I'm very relieved not to be flying. My relief doesn't necessarily stem from a fear of terrorism, though incidents like today's certainly give me pause, but more from not having to deal with the beefed-up airport security and panicked fliers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home