I'm Just Sayin'

Updates on what's happening in my life. Thoughts about current events, politics, books, and anything else that I find interesting. Intended for those who know and love me.

Name:
Location: Albany, New York

Sunday, September 06, 2009

You Know You're Old When

You can no longer pull an all-nighter. I'm on my way to the European criminology conference in Slovenia via Amsterdam & Budapest. I had a long layover in Amsterdam so I took the train into town to do some sightseeing. That was between 1-4 am my time and I could barely function. I wandered around taking pictures but all I wanted to do was sleep. 20 yrs ago I would have loved watching Amsterdam wake up but today I found it hard to care. Not to mention the fact that Amsterdam smells like San Francisco (ie, like piss) so I wasn't exactly impressed. I'll return for a full day on my way back so maybe with a little sleep I'll see a different side of the city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home