I'm Just Sayin'

Updates on what's happening in my life. Thoughts about current events, politics, books, and anything else that I find interesting. Intended for those who know and love me.

Name:
Location: Albany, New York

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sorry Just Isn't Enough

I was going to write a post about the Superbowl last week that explained why I couldn't get too excited about it. I'm a huge football fan, but professional football has become so obnoxious that I really just prefer to watch the college games. Considering the amount of money the players make and the esteem awarded them, pro football players are incredibly arrogant, unsportsmanlike, non-athletic, and occasionally downright stupid (e.g., unlocked-gun-in-the sweatpants kind of stupid). Then I got too depressed about how these idiots were ruining a great sport to actually write the post.

And now, stupidity and arrogance are ruining another great American sport. First of all, is anyone really surpirsed that A-Rod used(s) steroids? Find me a great pro baseball player who hasn't. Second, when are we going to force these overpaid, spoiled brats to actually be accountable for their actions? A-Rod's public apology was certainly a better way to handle the scandal than Bonds did, but it's just not enough. It's not simply a matter of bad decision-making. These guys are ruining a great sport and an even greater American tradition. When are we going to say enough?! The fans need to start demanding tougher sanctions against these guys, and some sacrifice in short-term entertainment, if anything is going to change. Stop buying the fan crap. Stop attending games. Stop watching them on tv. Just stop supporting a sport that has treated its fans so poorly until things really start to change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home