I'm Just Sayin'

Updates on what's happening in my life. Thoughts about current events, politics, books, and anything else that I find interesting. Intended for those who know and love me.

Name:
Location: Albany, New York

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Plea Bargain

This morning the Detroit mayor finally pleaded guilty to felony charges in return for a reduced sentence. I don't think it's a bad deal, especially considering how much money would have been wasted if this had gone to court and how Detroit politics would be held hostage until this was resolved. I just hope that he actually serves real jail time (4 months) and not Paris Hilton jail time. Kilpatrick isn't allowed to run for office for the 5 years that he's on probation, but I suspect he'll become the next Marion Barry. (Although I hope not for Detroit's sake.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home