I'm Just Sayin'

Updates on what's happening in my life. Thoughts about current events, politics, books, and anything else that I find interesting. Intended for those who know and love me.

Name:
Location: Albany, New York

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Inferiority Complex

I only just watched the opening ceremony of the Olympics yesterday. As much as I love the Olympics, the ceremonies usually bore me. Well, not this time. What an amazing show! It was visually stunning, culturally relevant, technologically sophisticated, and politically astute. As I sat in awe watching one brilliant performance after another, I couldn't help feeling disconcerted. Despite the less fortunate aspects of the Olympics so for (Tibetan politics, air quality, and now the recent murder/suicide), China has effectively sent the world a message -- it's big, it's powerful, and it's back! The superpower tide is changing and while we have no recollection of China's glory days, I think we'll all look back on these Olympics as a turning point in history.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home