I'm Just Sayin'

Updates on what's happening in my life. Thoughts about current events, politics, books, and anything else that I find interesting. Intended for those who know and love me.

Name:
Location: Albany, New York

Monday, July 07, 2008

Expanding Dictionary

All of you word lovers will be happy to know that Merriam-Webster has added a bunch of new words to the dictionary. While these words have been around for a while, they have to gain sufficient popularity to actually get added to the dictionary. Some of my favorite additions are:
  • mental health day (I'd like to think that my former colleagues and I helped popularize this one!)
  • air quotes
  • racino
  • subprime (an unfortunate addition)
  • wing nut (This poor word has been around for over 100 years and is only just now being recognized as legit!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home