I'm Just Sayin'

Updates on what's happening in my life. Thoughts about current events, politics, books, and anything else that I find interesting. Intended for those who know and love me.

Name:
Location: Albany, New York

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Harsh Review

I like reading book and movie reviews from good media outlets because of they way they phrase their harshness so eloquently -- something academics rarely even try to do. While I would prefer to have reviews of my work written by someone with poetic style, it wouldn't be worth the price of having them read by a gazillion people all over the world.

Today I was amused by the NYTimes' review of Sex and the City, a movie which I have no intention of seeing given my previous post on this subject. In fact, the review nicely summed up my distaste for the show even before it went to the big screen:

There is something depressingly stunted about this movie; something desperate too. It isn’t that Carrie has grown older or overly familiar. It’s that awash in materialism and narcissism, a cloth flower pinned to her dress where cool chicks wear their Obama buttons, this It Girl has become totally Ick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home