I'm Just Sayin'

Updates on what's happening in my life. Thoughts about current events, politics, books, and anything else that I find interesting. Intended for those who know and love me.

Name:
Location: Albany, New York

Monday, September 29, 2008

One of These Things Is Not Like the Others

I'm slightly disturbed by the fact that a Highlights activity has become a metaphor for my life. Last week I experienced a series of events that made it perfectly clear that the thing not like the others is me. I realize that I like to be contrary and fitting in has never been high on my priority list, but I have now reached a new level of "otherness" that is becoming rather uncomfortable and will need to be addressed in some serious fashion. Unfortunately, I can't blog about the details, despite the fact that some of these stories are amusing. (I really need to reconsider anonymous blogging.)

Or perhaps I am just feeling this way today because I am lightheaded from the asphalt fumes seeping into my office from the construction just outside my window. (Go ahead and mock me, former colleagues, for I have become the hedgehog!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home