I'm Just Sayin'

Updates on what's happening in my life. Thoughts about current events, politics, books, and anything else that I find interesting. Intended for those who know and love me.

Name:
Location: Albany, New York

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Open Mic

I generally like open mic nights. I used to appreciate them a lot when I worked in Ann Arbor. Albany doesn't have a lot of such events, but every once in a while you can stumble across one. Now finding a good one is another matter. I'm currently sitting at one of the local coffee houses where I like to work during off hours -- free internet, iced chai, a comfy couch -- not a bad place to be when you have to work on a Sunday evening. But tonight I stumbled upon a rather bad open mic evening. Two middle aged guys with guitars who can't sing especially well. And, of course, I forgot my headphones.

I can't understand much of what they're singing, because there's a lot of mumbling, but I swear that there have been at least two songs so far about dead mothers ... lovely. There was also a song about marriage that I don't think was terribly flattering, but again I can't understand much of what they're saying.

Now they are trying to harmonize. Wow -- it is not going well. I don't know how much longer I can sit here typing my sarcasm into the computer and still resist giving dirty looks or, better yet, singing tips! I seriously hope these guys have real jobs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home