I'm Just Sayin'

Updates on what's happening in my life. Thoughts about current events, politics, books, and anything else that I find interesting. Intended for those who know and love me.

Name:
Location: Albany, New York

Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Class of 2012

Although I have been eagerly awaiting the new Beloit College Mindset List, I have to say that this year's list didn't shock me as much as it normally does. Does that mean I'm still hip? (Probably not, just for using the expression hip.) Anyhow, these are the few things that I did find interesting about the generation born in 1990:
  • GPS satellite navigation systems have always been available.
  • Films have never been X rated, only NC-17.
  • Caller ID has always been available on phones. (And yet it's not available on my office phone!)
  • They have never known life without Seinfeld references from a show about “nothing.”
  • Windows 3.0 operating system made IBM PCs user-friendly the year they were born. (OMG! I still remember Windows 3.0!!!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Corey said...

yeah we don't have caller ID yet here either. I've been assured that they'll be upgrading to cutting edge 1990s technology any day now.

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home