I'm Just Sayin'

Updates on what's happening in my life. Thoughts about current events, politics, books, and anything else that I find interesting. Intended for those who know and love me.

Name:
Location: Albany, New York

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Music Meme

Hollilama has asked for a meme of seven songs that I'm currently listening to. It's a tough act to follow because her music collection is enviable, but here it is:

  1. Not Ready to Make Nice (Dixie Chicks) -- I like this song for a number of reasons, the political message being the obvious one. The Chicks are one of the few country groups that I generally like.

  2. Dear Mr. President (P!nk & the Indigo Girls) -- I'm a huge P!nk fan. The girl's got attitude. What's not to love? (I've also been listening to Stupid Girls and U + Ur Hand quite a bit.)

  3. Lose Yourself (Eminem) -- I have mixed feelings about Eminem in general, but I do like some of his music. I dug this one up about a week ago and have been listening to it a lot since then. It's from the 8 Mile soundtrack so it brings up lots of memories of Detroit. I also listened to this song a lot when I was writing my dissertation and I tend to pull it out when I'm looking for motivation.

  4. It's Been A While (Staind) -- One of my favorite groups. I love Aaron Lewis' voice.

  5. Irreplaceable (Beyonce) -- I can't get this one out of my head.

  6. It's Not Over (Daughtry) -- Although I watch American Idol religiously, I'm not necessarily a fan of the music that the show produces. Daughtry is an exception. The whole album is pretty good.

  7. Black Hole Sun (Soundgarden) -- I recently downloaded a bunch of 90s music that I still had on cassette tapes. This is one of my favorites from that era.

1 Comments:

Blogger Holli Lama said...

Great List Jan!
I look the Not Ready to Make Nice song! Can play it over and over.

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home