I'm Just Sayin'

Updates on what's happening in my life. Thoughts about current events, politics, books, and anything else that I find interesting. Intended for those who know and love me.

Name:
Location: Albany, New York

Friday, April 06, 2007

Weighty Decisions

Abby, my four-year-old niece, is visiting for the weekend. While I normally post the funny things that she says, yesterday we had a serious conversation about her future.

Abby: I don't know what I want to be yet.
Auntie: For what? For Halloween?
Abby: Nooooooo. I don't know what I want to be when I grow up.
Auntie: Do you have any ideas yet?
Abby: Not really. I'm gonna have to work on that.
Auntie: Well, there's no need to rush.

Today I'll do my part to help her think about such weighty issues. I plan to take her to campus with me.

Update: The conversation continued later in the afternoon at my office:

Abby: I'm gonna have to decide soon what I want to be.
Auntie: You don't have to decide right away. You can take your time.
Abby: No. I have to hurry up and decide so I can grow up faster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home